Contact us

Have you 'clicked' yet?

Using our online services to pay for things or find information quickly will save you time and may be more convenient for you. We're continuing to develop our website so that we can offer you more services online. We have a range of online forms that you can use to apply for a service, make a report or pay for something.

What do you need to contact us about?

Choose a service from the list below:


To report concerns about abuse, call the following numbers:

  • to report child abuse call children's social care on (01226) 772423 
  • to report adult abuse call adult social care on (01226) 773300 

Out of office hours, or if your call is urgent, call our emergency duty team on (01226) 787789 (for both child and adult abuse).

If you're deaf or hearing impaired you can use our SAFE text service.

Find more information on our safeguarding web pages.

Council tax, benefits, business rates and council invoices

Includes council tax, council tax support, housing benefit, free school meals and business rates.

You can also:

Adult social care and caring services 

Includes social care assessments and carer services.

You can:

Children and family services 

Includes school places, early years, family information service, special educational needs, children's social care, fostering and adoption, parent partnership, youth services, children in care.

You can:

Press and media enquiries

Contact our communications and marketing team.

Our website and online forms

You can tell us your views about our website and online forms by using the rating icons at the bottom of each of our web pages.

If you need any information on our website in an alternative format:

Complaints and compliments

We want to know about your experience of our services; when you think we’ve done a good job and when you think that we can do better.

Your complaints and compliments can help us to improve the services that we provide to all of our customers.

Find out how to make a complaint or compliment.

Other enquiries

You can also:


If you use British Sign Language you can use the SignVideo interpreting service to contact us.

Social media

To ask about a council service, use our Barnsley Council Help social media pages:

For news and events, follow the Barnsley Council social media pages:

A lot of our services also have their own social media pages; see a full list of our social media pages.

Make an appointment

To see someone in person, please make an appointment to come into one of our offices.


Barnsley Council, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG.

If you know the name of the service or you're writing to a particular person, please include these details before the address.